ASIS&T membership is for anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in information science and technology, or who would simply like to learn more about it. Our members are an eclectic bunch and come from a variety of backgrounds with diverse interests. Chances are you will find not only professional connections and inspiring discussions, but also friends. Check out our members page to learn more about us or, better yet, come by our next meeting!
The Benefits of Joining
There are many benefits to joining ASIS&T. Not only will you get to meet interesting people and make professional connections, you will have the opportunity to attend timely events, learn about this important and expanding field, and explore new technologies. In addition, for your $40 membership fee, you will receive:
- The Journal (JASIS&T) and the Bulletin in electronic form, and the ASIS&T Directory and Handbook
- Free access to the complete online run of the Journal (not just the issues published during your membership period)
- Greatly reduced registration fees at the ASIS&T Annual and Spring meetings, and at NEASIS&T Chapter events
- The opportunity to take a leadership role among the Simmons student body as an elected officer
- Exposure to the ideas and the people who help shape information science and technology
- A reduction in ASIS&T membership dues for the first year after graduation ($65 versus $115)
How to Join
Joining ASIS&T is easy! Fill out the Student Membership form online or download and mail hard copy.
If you are having trouble getting the student discount membership price, please contact our faculty advisor, Linnea Johnson, at email@example.com.