- Public library director experience preferred.
- Pleasant personality and demonstrated ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to speak and write effectively and clearly.
- Experience with current computer technologies.
- Leadership ability and a high degree of motivation, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to exercise independent judgment in decision-making.
- Thorough knowledge of library principles and practices.
- Masterís degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university.
- Five years experience in public library service, including two years of administrative responsibility.
DUTIES: The Library Director is responsible for management and operation of the library and its program of services in accordance with policies established by the Board of Library Trustees. The director works in close cooperation with the board, serving as its advisor and as an active participant in policy and budget development, goal-setting, planning, and evaluation. The board delegates authority to the director in such areas as collections development, budget management, and personnel administration, selection, and supervision. The position is directly accountable to the Board of Library Trustees.
SALARY: $61,434 TO $74,745
TO APPLY: Resume and cover letter to OFFICE OF TOWN MANAGER, STARBARD BUILDING, 1204 MAIN STREET, HOLDEN, MA 01520 or visit www.townofholden.net Employment Opportunities
DEADLINE: December 31, 2010