QUAL: Candidates must demonstrate a passion for working with children, be well versed in EEC policies and regulations, have experience in supervising and managing staff and have experience using evidence based curriculum. Candidates need to have or are working towards an Associate or Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or related
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the classroom; including daily schedule, program, curriculum, activities, meals, hand washing and bathroom needs.
- Lead and supervise classroom staff in creating and maintaining a safe, positive learning environment with the goal of each child reaching his or her highest potential.
- Facilitate weekly team meetings to assess and develop the curriculum goals, plans and activities that meet the developmental and curricular needs of the developmental age and each child.
- Develop, lead and manage programming, activities, projects and interactions that facilitate curriculum goals.
- Use Creative Curriculum assessment tool to chart progress and develop individualized lesson plans that facilitate growth in each core area.
- Provide weekly supervision, leadership and coaching for classroom staff.
- Work with liaisons and child specialists to support children with special needs; including classroom adaptations, attending meetings, recording and assessing progress and regular communication with parents and providers.
- Responsible for inputting Efforts to Outcomes data for agency.
- Ensure that children have updated progress reports.
- Ensure that classroom staff members, policies, procedures and practices are adhering to all EEC, NAEYC, and Bureau of Nutrition regulations.
- Responsible for managing and/or recording: Teacher-Child Ratios, Attendance, Bureau of Nutrition Attendance, Injury/Incident Reports, Diapering and Bathroom Procedures, Medication Log/Consents, Sick Policy.
- Help coordinate staffing and scheduling and manage coverage in classrooms at all times.
- Ensure that all teachers interact in a positive, appropriate and professional way with families, co-workers, and the community.
- Conduct staff evaluations for classroom staff with Child Care Director that will inform professional development needs, goals and professional development plan.
- Schedule and facilitate parent conferences to communicate assessments, goals and learning plans for each child.
- Promote and facilitate parent engagement; volunteer opportunities, family nights, potlucks, and graduation.
- Evaluate effectiveness of classroom design and quality of classroom materials.
- Responsible for organization, cleanliness, and communicating maintenance needs of the classroom.
- Participation in agency wide meetings, events, planning days, professional development.
- Promote professionalism and healthy communication among staff
- Handle conflict as it arises and seek out solutions
- Follow guidelines and expectations as outlined in Personnel Policy.
SALARY: Not stated.
TO APPLY: Send resumes to East End House 105 Spring St., Cambridge MA 02141, or firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Not stated.