- Leadership in managing a non-profit with strong historic values
- Organizational skills, resourcefulness and energy
- Fund-raising on a regional and national basis (campaigns and grant writing)
- Public relations, communication and technology for building awareness
- Management of a balanced budget
- Interest in American and presidential history
- Archival, collections and museum management
- Interpersonal skills and institutional vision
The Executive Director will report directly to the President of the Board of Trustees in accordance with the By Laws of the Foundation. This position will work seamlessly with the Chairs of the Committees of the Board of Trustees.
- Implement the 2009 Strategic Plan
- Mission and Vision
- Digital Strategy including website enhancement
- National education programs and symposia
- Regional and national fundraising
- Facilitate public relations and awareness of Calvin Coolidge as the primary spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Implement the policies of the Board of Trustees
- Oversee custodianship of archival, collections and library materials
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Foundation by integrating the outsourcing of tasks with effective staff utilization
- Participate with the Committees of the Board of Trustees:
- Program Committee (programs and activities)
- Finance (audit and investment management)
- Executive Committee (policy)
- Coordinate outsourcing and internally managed activities
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Grant applications
- Special programs and projects
- Website Design and Maintenance
- Coordinate activities with the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation.
SALARY: Not stated.
TO APPLY: Robert P. Kirby, President of the Board of Trustees, or Barbara O’Connell, Vice President, Acting Executive Director
Calvin Coolidge Memorial Foundation
Plymouth Notch VT 05056
DEADLINE: Not stated.