Title: U.S. Government Information Librarian
Category: Librarian (Open Rank)
Department: U.S. Government Information, Maps & GIS Services
Benefits: 22 Days Annual Leave, 15 Days of Sick Leave,
3 Days Personal Leave, 15 Paid Holidays,
Tuition Remission, Health, Dental, Vision, and Prescription
The University of Maryland Libraries at College Park is seeking a U.S. Government Information Librarian. This librarian manages the work of the U.S. Government Information, Maps & GIS Services (GovMG) team; is the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) Regional Librarian to the over sixty FDLP libraries; and has collection, reference, and instruction responsibilities in the subject area of U.S. Government Information. The duties also include development of new models for the regional FDLP operations.
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal government information in all formats and familiarity with the Federal Depository Library Program.
- At least one year of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills including proficiency with productivity software and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated commitment to public service and ability to work effectively and creatively with library staff and patrons.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to function independently and in groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet faculty appointment, promotion, and permanent status criteria.
For more information on the position description, please go the following website: http://www.lib.umd.edu/PASD/LPO/LibJobs/GovInfo2011.pdf
Position is appointed to Librarian Faculty Ranks as established by the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Rank at appointment is based on the successful applicant’s experience and relevant credentials. For additional information, consult the following website: http://www.lib.umd.edu/groups/la/APPSC/index.html
Electronic applications required. Please apply online at https://jobs.umd.edu. You must be legally able to work in the United States; the University of Maryland Libraries will not sponsor individuals for employment. An application consists of a cover letter which includes the source of advertisement, resume, and names/e-mail addresses of three references.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and accepted until October 24, 2011.
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.