QUAL: A master’s degree in library science from an accredited library school
· Two years of pertinent professional experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training sufficient to indicate ability to do the work
· Extensive knowledge of young adults’ literature and work; demonstrated knowledge of the techniques of programming for young adults; demonstrated interest in young adults and in library work with young adults
· Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
· Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon first day of hire
· Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information (CORI) check with the City of Boston
DUTIES: The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for a Young Adults Librarian II position in the Grove Hall neighborhood branch. The successful candidate will participate in services to a diverse population characteristic of an urban setting with emphasis on service to young adults and to perform professional work requiring application of professional knowledge of literature, bibliographic sources and services with a concentration on young adults and will assist in the development, planning and implementation of the Library’s program of service to young adults through personal consultations, reference and readers’ advisory services, outreach and programs.
SALARY: $46,273 – $62,419, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
TO APPLY: Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp.
DEADLINE: January 20, 2012