Responsible for the daily check in and routing of materials received by the library; maintains serials records in the integrated library system and processes new materials for the print collection and attorney offices including check-in, labeling, shelving and distribution. Orders new materials for the library and for attorney offices; assures order fulfillment and resolves issues associated with discrepancies in shipping and invoicing.
1. Checks-in, processes and distributes library and office copy materials; assures proper receipt of items and claims missing items.
2. Under the supervision of the Technical Services Librarian, adds appropriate item records to the integrated library system.
3. Maintains subscription lists and office copy records in the integrated library system.
4. Researches and resolves problems with vendors associated with incorrect shipments, lapsed subscriptions and claims missing items or missing loose-leaf updates.
5. Orders and processes new library subscriptions and attorney office copy materials.
6. Performs collection maintenance tasks such as shelving, circulation and shifting.
7. Works with Technical Services Librarian to process subscription renewals, including polling subscription routes and attorneys for office copy purchases.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors degree; bachelors degree can be substituted for relevant experience in a special or academic library.
2. 1-3 years of library technical services experience.
3. Knowledge of computer systems and computer applications.
4. Ability to work quickly, prioritize work product and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, across offices, with members of the Library staff and Firm.
6. Strong organizational skills.
7. Strong customer service orientation.
8. Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
Apply online here.