For the full ad, please go to: http://thewalters.org/about/jobs/jobdetails.aspx?jd=153
The Walters Art Museum, a fine arts museum of international stature with comprehensive collections ranging from Ancient Egypt to Faberge, seeks a creative and enthusiastic, service-oriented professional for the position of Archivist/Librarian. The Walters art library holds approximately 120,000 volumes related to the art collections of the museum including monographs, periodicals, and other materials in European and Asian languages. Under the direction of the Chief Curator, the successful candidate will manage the archives and library in accordance with the Walters Library accessioning and weeding policies and will develop an archives preservation, organization, and growth strategy to manage a growing body of materials related to the founding and operation of the institution.
* Administering and overseeing the archives and library facilities by ensuring preservation, security, and accessibility, developing and implementing disaster planning and recovery policies, supervising volunteers and interns, developing and maintaining departmental budgets, coordinating digital imaging activities, and performing other administrative duties as assigned.
* Creating an archives development policy and implementing an archival records managements program (according to archival standards), cataloguing (using LCC), and developing and implementing a conservation plan according to library and conservation standards.
* Providing full library reference access, technical, and outreach services by conducting tours/orientations, processing interlibrary loan requests, conducting library and bibliographic instruction programs, developing strategies for implementing new technologies, and maintaining the library and archives databases.
* Working closely with the Chief Curator, cultivating prospective donors and supporters of the library and archives.
* Working closely with Development grant writers, seeking federal and private grant monies and tracking the use and matching of awarded library and/or archives grants.
* Performing other duties and assigned.