CONTACT: Elana Ellias, Fifth Plane Associates, Executive Placement (recruiter) 818-522-2548, firstname.lastname@example.org
The company is a recognized leader in business-to-business marketing. We are a fast-paced, customer-focused environment that provides significant opportunities for professional and personal growth.
The Global Integrated Marketing team is responsible for creating world class marketing communications campaigns and experiences that build one-to-one personalized relationships with our key audiences, ultimately influencing perceptions and purchase decisions, improving brand awareness and equity, increasing customer lifetime value, driving customer loyalty, and optimizing marketing investment.
This opportunity will provide the right candidate an exceptional hands-on Marketing experience.
Scope of Responsibilities/ Expectations:
The Global Integrated Marketing Taxonomist will apply domain expertise in taxonomy management including content classification, metadata management, controlled vocabularies and tagging systems to champion the development and integration of taxonomy
Specifically this position is responsible for:
• Defining and implementing global governance and processes for taxonomy management of centralized schemas and metadata management across core marketing and enterprise platforms.
• Soliciting, aggregating and enforcing taxonomy best practices across global and regional business functions.
• Supporting taxonomy integration into marketing and enterprise platforms by providing consultation and recommendations to business partners as to how best to leverage taxonomy and tools to achieve business objectives.
• Integrating analytics, outside research and content audits to inform taxonomy development.
• Establishing and evolving taxonomy and classification tools.
• Providing training on taxonomy standards and processes.
• Providing regular status reports and briefings to stakeholders and functional leadership teams.
Required Skills and Experience
• 6+ years information management experience leading definition, implementation and management of taxonomy and metadata classifications across enterprise platforms.
• Comprehensive knowledge of multi-faceted taxonomy development, including meta-data relationships, content classification, controlled vocabularies, and user tagging applications.
• Extensive experience with integrating taxonomy into enterprise content management systems and portal technologies (esp. Open text Leveling, Vignette Content Management & Vignette Portal).
• International experience applying taxonomy across multiple languages.
• Proven ability to incorporate taxonomy principles into search data strategy and information architectures.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Bachelors degree preferred; MBA a plus.
• Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions
• Very detail oriented and efficiency-minded
• Ability to build partnerships and effectively establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and vendors
• Comfortable interacting with different levels of management and leading cross-functional, cross-regional teams
• Strong leader, but willing to roll up sleeves to accomplish objectives
• Maintains thorough understanding of stakeholders business and industry
• Project management excellence; attention to details; keep commitments big and small
• Proactive approach to problem identification and solving