Seyfarth Shaw LLP, a law firm of more than 800 attorneys in the U.S. and in London, has an immediate need for an Immigration Docketing Clerk to serve in the firm’s large and growing Business Immigration Group. This 50+ member team provides comprehensive business immigration services to corporate clients throughout the U.S. and globally, including strategic planning and advice, case preparation, filing and monitoring, as well as development and implementation of corporate policies, and training and compliance programs.
Summary of the Position:
As a part of the Immigration Docketing & Reporting Team, the Immigration Docketing Clerk in Boston will support our Boston, New York, Los Angeles and Atlanta teams’ daily data management and administrative functions in a fast-paced, client-focused team environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Docketing Tasks for Boston, New York, and Los Angeles offices
- Collate all government correspondence and other data documents from multiple sources into standardized Daily Log .pdf file for Boston office and distribute originals to team members;
- Perform daily docketing, scanning/uploading of government issued correspondence into our immigration management database ImmSTAR® powered by Tracker;
- Coordinate data entry and government correspondence management with other Immigration Docketing & Reporting Team and administrative resources across offices;
- Case record inactivations;
- Prepare and send Approval Package mailings for Boston office;
- Scan the Department of Labor iCERT database twice daily for Boston office LCA filing approvals and communicate results with team;
- Maintain client power of attorney files for Boston, New York, and Los Angeles;
- Assist Immigration Docketing & Reporting team members with building database records for new clients’ employee populations;
- Cross-train with Boston office’s ImmSTAR® Data and Reporting Specialist to provide backup coverage in essential functions;
- Other database and administrative support to Boston, New York, and Los Angeles offices as needed.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A passion for continuous learning and skills building;
- Bachelor’s level education achievement with work experience in an office or law firm setting;
- Proficiency in Windows, Internet Explorer, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative & dispersed team;
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently;
- Professional demeanor.
Preference given to candidates with prior exposure to immigration law, legal data docketing, or immigration management systems (IMS) — e.g., ImmigrationTracker, INSZoom, LawLogix products or equivalent in-house proprietary immigration case management products or systems.
Extensive and ongoing training will be provided in Immigration law concepts and in all immigration practice-specific systems, tools, and technologies used at Seyfarth.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; life insurance; paid monthly parking; generous paid time off policy; and short-term and long-term disability policies. Seyfarth is committed to offering employees an opportunity for professional development. EOE
View original job posting at http://www.seyfarth.com/Positions/97