Infotrieve is a global leader in information services and content management technology for businesses. For more than 20 years we have been providing corporate information centers, R&D facilities, and legal, business affairs and product professionals in more than half the Fortune 500 with a broad array of software solutions and services.
We are seeking a talented Advanced Referencing Services Specialist with the desire to provide top-notch service to our blue chip clients. In this role you will utilize your strong on-line search skills to conduct advanced reference work, citation verification and copyright clearance for hard-to-find documents utilizing specialized in-house and commercial databases.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional recent MLS graduate with a strong desire to work with both leading edge software and some of the most highly respected companies from a variety of industries. This position will be located in Wilton, CT and will report to our Client Services Supervisor.
• Ensure document orders are accurately matched to bibliographic records in internal databases by consulting multiple online library catalogs
• Perform searches across specialized databases to verify citations and update internal database information
• Locate source publications containing hard-to-find documents including journal articles, theses and dissertations, periodicals, conference proceedings and patents
• Obtain copyright permissions for hard-to-clear documents
• Initiate contact with publishers and vendors to fill document requests
• Communicate order status updates to clients
• MS degree in library and information science
• 2 years experience in a corporate or academic research position
• Proficiency using citation databases such as PubMed
• Knowledge of university and library catalogues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven customer service orientation
• Strong aptitude for learning new software
How to Apply
Please send resumes to email@example.com.