Part-time Digitization Assistant, Northeastern University Archives and Special Collections, Boston, MA
A vacancy exists for a part-time digitization assistant to complete a grant project funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners to digitize and make accessible via the Web documents, photographs, and video recordings from the Chinese Progressive Association http://www.library.neu.edu/archives/collect/findaids/m163find.htm) collection in Northeastern University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections Department (http://www.lib.neu.edu/archives/).
• Digitize documents
• Enter metadata into a database template
• Perform quality control
• Enrollment in graduate program in archives management
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Digitization experience desired
• Familiarity with Greenstone a plus
• Ability and willingness to lift boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Commitment to achieving and maintaining diversity in the workplace
$13.50 per hour
16 hours per week during business hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Please send résumé and cover letter to: Michelle Romero, Assistant Archivist: email@example.com; (p) 617.373.7656; (f) 617.373.8132.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Title IX employer. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.