ALM, a leading provider of legal news and information is looking for a Taxonomy Manager to work with editors of the company’s 12 publications and law.com to implement and properly use a new taxonomy and tagging system.
The role of the Taxonomy Manager will be to work closely with and monitor the work of the editors responsible for tagging. The manager will create best practices and conduct training for editors about the process and will assist with the creation of tagging workflows, standards, and documentation to be used by taggers and editorial staff.
The Taxonomy Manager will also work with the technical team across multiple publication sites to refine the existing taxonomy and definitions and will communicate with the technical team on site taxonomy issues
The Taxonomy Manager will also review content daily to ensure it has been tagged correctly. The manager will communicate with editors or their managers when errors are found.
This is a temporary position.
· Serve as an internal expert, train staff and support the standards in taxonomy and metadata.
· Develop documentation for content management tools and processes
· Work cross-functionally to establish content implementation strategies that meet established and evolving business goals.
· Establish best practices for content tagging.
We’re looking for a person with the initiative and flexibility to work both independently and as part of teams to develop new strategies and improve existing strategies. Experience with and understanding of legal content is a plus. Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism are essential. We are looking for a problem solver who can think strategically and act tactically.
General qualifications of the Taxonomy Manager:
· Minimum 4 years experience in information architecture, knowledge management, or libraries
· Understanding of and appropriate application of taxonomy and thesaurus standards and best practices
· Cataloging and indexing experience
· Experience developing indexing/tagging and/or editorial guidelines
· Significant experience managing indexing/tagging efforts and teams
· Experience with content management systems
· Familiarity with web content management, information architecture, user experience, faceted classification, and search
· Understanding of searcher behaviors
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
· Excellent analytical skills and advanced abilities in logical reasoning
· Thorough understanding of metadata standards, digital asset management and workflow systems
· Strong communication and persuasion skills
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V