CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) formerly known as Computer Associates, is one of the world’s leading IT management software and solution companies with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and physical to virtual and cloud. Our software manages and secures IT environments, enabling our customers to deliver more flexible IT services and our solutions help our customers gain a level of deep insight into and gain control over complex and mixed information technology (IT) environments. CA Technologies works with the majority of the Forbes Global 2000, as well as government organizations and thousands of companies in diverse industries worldwide. Founded in 1976, CA Technologies serves customers in virtually every country in the world and reported fiscal year 2009 revenue of $4.3 billion.
CA’s Product Design team consists of 40 talented designers whose skills span visual design, UI engineering, user research, and interactive design. The Product Design team works on the highest profile, most progressive projects at CA and is responsible for designing the user interfaces of our products and providing functional prototypes to development teams.
We are currently looking for a qualified Product Design associate software engineer to join the Austin, TX and Framingham, MA teams. This position is responsible for providing support to the Austin design team for the creation of user interface designs for the company’s products. We also emphasize the personal growth of our team members by providing guidance in individual self-initiated projects.
This is a full-time position that will start in September 2012.
Our associate software engineers will be expected to contribute to and learn about each specialty within our Product Design specialties (visual design, interaction design, UI engineering, user research). Associate software engineers will assist product designers in:
- Developing interactive prototypes
- Developing front end code of next generation products
- Must have an aptitude for working with tools and scripting to improve overall productivity
- Working with both Product Design and development teams
- Ensuring all product designs meet usability objectives and user requirements
- Helping plan and perform usability research, including project planning, recruitment, logistics, conducting evaluations, analyzing results, documenting issues, and proposing and prioritizing recommendations
Recent graduates of a communication design or computer science program. Experience with both design and development is preferred.
- Knowledge of Java and object oriented programming
- Tools: Eclipse IDE, Adobe Creative Suite, Ext JS, Ext GWT, Liferay portal
- Proficient design and prototyping skills, basic knowledge of UI interaction design principles and practices
- Possess excellent written and oral communication, presentation, project management, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build cooperative relationships with product teams.
Associate software engineers will be fully compensated for their time at a competitive rate.
Send resume and cover letter to mailto:Kristen.email@example.com. Must include link to online portfolio (preferred) or attach PDF portfolio (under 5MB, please). Portfolio should emphasize design and prototyping skills, basic knowledge of UI interaction design principles and practices
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our website at www.ca.com.