About Ropes and Gray:
Ropes & Gray is a leading national, and increasingly international, law firm. It is consistently recognized as a top-ten player in its Private Equity, Investment Management, Intellectual Property, Government Enforcement, Life Sciences, Securities Litigation and Complex Business Litigation practices, among others.
The firm has a strong track record of growth and accomplishment. Building around its leading national practices the firm has, in the last five years, quadrupled its New York presence, doubled its California presence, and opened an office in Chicago. The firm has also grown internationally, adding offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, London and Shanghai.
SharePoint power user and member of the Knowledge Management group’s KM Content Management and Support team. Serves as the liaison and key point of contact between the team and the site owners, content managers and content contributors for an assigned number of web sites on the firm’s intranet and/or extranets. Assists in managing projects involving support for these web sites. Meets with web site owners and others to gather and document initial requirements for development of new sites, revisions and enhancements to existing sites, the creation of ad hoc workspaces, and other KM releated project requests. Works with manager to define deliverables and establish timeline and process for projects. Designs pages, implements content changes, sets permissions, creates external accounts for extranets, and builds/modifies navigation according to established standards. Creates lists and content libraries, and integrates workspace and other FileSite content as needed. Provides end-user training and documentation for updating and maintaining content.
- Serves as the liaison and key point of contact between the KM Content Management and Support team and the site owners, content managers and content contributors for assigned web sites to support them in infoNet and extranet site management, ad hoc workspace, and other related KM issues.
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to site owners, content managers and content contributors in best practices for updating and maintaining content on their sites, and participates in redesign efforts.
- Works with site owners and content managers to gather initial user needs, then reviews with manager. Works with manager and Senior KM Content Coordinators to analyze and evaluate user needs, and to define and document description of general business and functional requirements for consideration of new custom solutions or solutions outside of scope of standard toolkits.
- Defines project deliverables, including high level content requirements and timeline, needed to complete agreed upon tasks for assigned web sites.
- Coordinates review and approval from site owners and content managers for changes made to assigned web sites.
- Keeps client(s) and manager informed of status of projects throughout lifecycle.
- Uses SharePoint toolkit to build, develop and redesign assigned web sites incorporating KM Content Management and Support team standards and metadata to create lists, libraries, pages and other standard features.
- Works with manager and KM Content Management and Support team to ensure proper assigning of user’s rights for assigned websites.
- Provides training and assists in creating content management documentation for site owners, content managers and content contributors. Training may be provided directly to external clients for extranet sites.
- Assists in creation of team and project sites, following established guidelines and procedures, as required. Creates external accounts for external clients and other external users for extranet sites as required.
- Shares responsibility with other KM Content Management and Support team members for daily monitoring of infoNet, Extranet and/or Workspaces mailbox(es) and for appropriately steering requests, incident tickets and other issues according to established guidelines. Responsible for troubleshooting issues related to their assigned sites.
- Maintains project tasks, summary of updates, status of outstanding projects related to assigned websites, and keeps tracking lists up-to-date, on KM Content Management and Support team’s Team site.
- Participates in team, staff and other meetings as required.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience with SharePoint, preferably at least one as a power-user, and preferably both with SharePoint 2007 and 2010
- Experience with Content Management duties and toolkit
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong team skills
- Experience in process driven environment
- Strong project management skills
- Law firm experience highly desirable
- Proficient with: WSS 3.0, SharePoint 2007, MS Office 2007 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Windows Explorer (OS).
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm’s internal and personnel affairs.
- Must be a self-starter who understands the details within a much larger content.
- Ability to work in a teamwork/collaborative style and environment.
- Must be creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
- Must be a team-oriented person who can share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
- Ability to organize, plan and carry out multiple related activities.
- Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-office environment.
Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
to apply visit the full posting at http://ropesgray.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=4D46EE52D91C6C7F2D0A669930F88C5D?JOBID=33372