The Board of Trustees of the Dalton Free Public Library is seeking an energetic, qualified, and innovative leader with at least 3 years of administrative and supervisory experience to fill the position of Library Director. The person hired will be responsible for the direction and over-all daily operation of the library. Work involves overseeing all library programs, services and functions. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparing annual budget with Library Trustees; developing long range plan and goals; promoting community use and support of the library and involving the library in community affairs; hiring and supervising staff; applying for, implementing, and administering grant funds; ability to work with various groups in the community, including the Library Trustees, Friends of the Library, Town government, and local businesses.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- MLS preferred.
- At least 3 years of administrative and supervisory experience in library work.
- Strong management, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of current software (C/W MARS, Evergreen) and social networking .
- Excellent computer and patron service skills.
Salary: $46,155 with benefits
Closing date: September 10, 2012
Send letter of application, brief resume, and the names of 3 professional references to:
Judith Douville, Search Chair
c/o DaltonTown Manager
462 Main St.
Dalton, MA 01226
or email to email@example.com