BiblioTemps®, a staffing service of the Massachusetts Library System, is seeking a temporary science librarian for our client, an academic library in the greater Boston area. This position will begin in mid-August and will last through December 2012.
Based in the Science Library, the successful candidate provides library instruction, research consultations and reference services for students and faculty in the sciences, including: astronomy, biology, chemistry, cognitive and linguistic sciences, computer science, geosciences, mathematics, neuroscience, physics, and psychology. Specifically, the successful candidate prepares and delivers effective and customized course-integrated instruction on identifying, retrieving, and evaluating information resources in these disciplines; provides individual consultations on the design and pursuit of research strategies and the use of research-related technologies; and answers general reference inquiries.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution; 2+ years of experience in an academic library setting.
- Broad knowledge of scientific literature and access tools.
- Professional skills in public services, in library instruction, and in answering in-depth research and reference questions.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Fluency with Endnote and/or Zotero
- Preferred: Demonstrated knowledge of Google Apps, Sakai or other learning management system, LibraryH3lp or other chat-based system, and LibGuides.
Please send a current resume and cover letter to Kelly Jo Woodside, BiblioTemps®
Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.