Research Analyst (NY) (Job ID: 22588)
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an AmLaw 20 law firm with 15 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Research Analyst in our New York Office.
Morrison & Foerster LLP is a premier global law firm committed to delivering success for our clients around the world. We achieve that by hiring the best talent for every position in our firm. Our progressive workplace policies and our commitment to diversity and collegiality create an environment ideally suited to teamwork and collaboration. We are proud of our numerous workplace awards, including being named to FORTUNE’s list of Best Companies to Work For, American Lawyer’s ”A” list, and for several years running, have been the Vault survey’s #1 law firm for diversity.
Guided by department objectives and priorities, works as part of a firmwide team to provide substantive research expertise for client work and business development efforts. Demonstrates strong skills and background in corporate, securities, and business intelligence research. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of the position.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science or equivalent degree strongly preferred plus a minimum of 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the legal materials and databases used to support the Firm’s practice areas and research needs for client work and for business development efforts.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
- Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to analyze problems logically and methodically and to absorb and synthesize large amounts of information into practical intelligence.
- Ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and convey information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to effectively apply independent judgment.
- Strong motivation to apply skills and knowledge proactively.
- Ability to follow complex instructions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Advanced analytical and information-gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive, detailed data.
- Ability to independently assess client needs and to develop responsive solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and with all levels of personnel and to succeed in a teamwork environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong reference and research skills.
- Extensive database/computer/web knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on-line by visiting http://www.mofo.com and go directly to the Careers link. This job is listed under job ID 22588.
Only Online Applications will be considered. You will receive a confirmation of your application via email. No phone calls please
Morrison & Foerster is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Morrison & Foerster hires the candidate.