For full ad, please go to: https://imf.taleo.net/careersection/imf_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=67780
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking to appoint a Digital Archivist for a one-year contractual position. The Digital Archivist position is part of a team of archivists and records managers that strive to deliver a world-class archives and records management program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Archives and Records IT Advisor, the Digital Archivist manages systems supporting all formats of archival content. This role includes development and implementation of specific components to ensure the authenticity, reliability, and current as well as long-term accessibility to both its born-digital and digitized archives. Work is accomplished through close collaboration with the Archives Development Team.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Manage the Archives Management System (based on Adlib Archives software), which includes coordinating support and enhancements for the archival descriptions catalog, accession and
appraisal database, declassification database, reference request database, and box management with barcoding and on and offsite storage. Coordinate maintenance and enhancements with
Archives Systems vendor and with IMF IT contacts.
· Manage the Public Web Archives solution (internally and externally), including the monthly updates, user support and enhancements.
· Provide business analysis support for Archives related projects including requirements gathering, workflow design, and optimized solutions, with the goal of improving the efficiency of the ARM
staff and making the collections more readily accessible to the researchers.
· Develop or recommend and implement standards, procedures and workflows with regard to conversion and reformatting, storage and maintenance, methods of access and dissemination, and
· Manage all digital media, including from analog to digital. Provide for tracking and storage of media. Provide assessment of format and media stability as required and implement optimum storage
solutions going forward.
· Develop and manage a long-term preservation program for digital archival records (both digitized and born-digital) based on archival standards, work done to date at the IMF, and ongoing
developments in the field. The process includes managing source, preservation and access copies, addressing file formats as well as media types, and ensuring access to objects through the
Archives Management System.
· Improve delivery of information in the IMF Archives (i.e., develop, maintain, and expand the Archives’ website and web-based resources and tools). Write/edit website content using SharePoint.
· Participate in developing the strategy for evaluation and migration or deletion of older content, through a proof of concept using automated categorization tools to identify content with potential
enduring value in various systems such as Document Management System, Autonomy Email Archive, and network file shares. Tasks include development of procedures to transfer archival digital
objects from these repositories as well as the eRecords system to the Archives.
· Research current options for web archiving, particularly for SharePoint sites, as part of the digital archives.
· Plan for and oversee digitization of archival materials based on priority as funding is available.
· Develop user and system documentation as well as test scripts for Archives applications according to IMF IT guidelines. Provide testing of applications as needed for upgrades.
· General duties may include: reporting, maintaining project files and assisting with tasks as assigned on systems related efforts