Egon Zehnder International (EZI) specializes in assessing and recruiting business leaders with
outstanding track records who will create competitive advantage and sustainable value. The
worldwide success of the firm has been built on our insights into the people dynamics of
corporations and their leadership requirements at the highest levels.
EZI is one of the world’s largest retained executive search consulting firms. Founded in Europe in 1964, the firm today has sixty-three wholly-owned offices in thirty-seven countries and conducts business throughout the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia. EZI has been in the United States since 1980 and has offices in Boston, New York, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Palo Alto, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
EZI has approximately 400 Consultants worldwide, 70 of whom are located in the United States. All of the firm’s Consultants have at least one advanced degree and generally attended prestigious academic institutions. Prior to joining EZI, most of the Consultants have had 10-15 years of business experience within their respective or related industries. Within the United States, Egon Zehnder is the fastest-growing executive search firm and is the “firm of choice” for Fortune 500 companies recruiting “C-level” executives and Boards of Directors. EZI also is the industry leader in senior executive management appraisal and talent assessment consulting services.
Reporting to the Research Director and collaborating with the US Board Practice Specialist, the Senior Analyst will partner with EZI Consultants in the US Board Practice and have a focus on search execution and business development projects. S/he will provide market and company insights as well as candidate ideas spanning across all industries with a focus on the Fortune 500, as required by client assignments. Throughout client engagements, the Senior Analyst will be required to think creatively and systematically to identify comparable companies and industries from which relevant prospects may come, as well as decide how to find individuals who would be strong candidates for a particular search. Past US Board clients in the past year include Pepsi, NY Life, Colgate, Avon, Goodyear, Tyco, Thermo Fisher, Electronic Arts and Express Scripts.
The Senior Analyst is expected to support multiple concurrent client projects effectively and efficiently through the combination of solid project management skills, proactive communication, and strong, team-oriented delivery against specific client needs. The successful candidate will be organized, process oriented, tenacious and driven by results.
The Research Analyst will deliver outstanding candidate solutions to Consultants in a highly responsive manner and transferring the knowledge gained throughout the EZI network and the external market in a meaningful way. S/he will provide mentorship to the local office in areas of search process, data standards and use of the Firm’s proprietary database. S/he will lead production of strategic client materials to ensure data is consistent and accurate.
Also, the successful candidate must demonstrate strong prioritization and time-management skills as Research Analysts typically are required to execute multiple projects for clients and Consultants in addition to completing daily tasks associated with the role.
This research is qualitative in nature; around companies and talent. The successful candidate must be able to analyze competencies and skills associated with search requirements.
ASSIGNMENT RELATED RESEARCH
- Contribute actively to the start-up phase of the search by participating in client kick-off meetings with the Consultant and assisting in the development of the search strategy and target list of companies.
- Systematically identify and “map” potential candidates and sources within the defined company list through database and market research. Update candidate contact details and experience for assessment of fit with the position.
- Partner with Consultants and Research colleagues throughout the search process to calibrate strategy and candidates with market reaction as well as track progress in the Firm’s database.
- Prepare information for client progress reports/meetings by teaming with Consultants and Executive Assistants. Be organized and well-prepared for update or progress meetings by anticipating information needs of others. Present findings, as needed, on client calls.
- Ensure up-to-date assignment, company and candidate information during the course of assignments and ensure data access for colleagues, by updating the Firm’s proprietary database.
- Write client ready reports, profiles and overviews. Strong writing skills are a must.
- Manage candidates throughout search process and collaborate with Consultants vis-à-vis presenting qualified candidates to hiring clients.
- Monitor and track relevant market developments, company updates and people moves, updating the internal database where necessary.
- Alert Research/Consultant colleagues to key moves and market changes, highlighting potential business development opportunities.
- Research and summarize company, people and market profiles, including compiling brief company reports to prepare Consultants for client discussions.
- Assist in the production of marketing presentations.
- Contribute to the Firm’s knowledge management activities by looking for opportunities to share expertise and best practices, developing a network of people within an industry or functional area and recording information in a timely manner.
- Remain current with changes in general business and the corporate governance industry, by utilizing external information from the Internet, and other electronic resources for industry, company and people intelligence.
- Increase the Firm’s knowledge base by proactively capturing relevant information from external and internal sources and integrating it into the Firm’s database, updating the database with accurate and current data.
- Support practice group initiatives to build knowledge in specific areas.
- Establish internal network within the global Board practice group to stay alert and to share new business opportunities as well as market trends globally.
THE IDEAL PROFILE
The appropriate candidate will have gained at least two years of post-undergraduate professional work experience and will exhibit an enthusiasm for developing their business exposure to many companies across multiple sectors. The candidate should exhibit strong organizational and project management skills, as well as a proven background of problem-solving ability. A successful candidate will actively collaborate within the office to improve search process efficiency, share best practices and ensure proper use of the proprietary database. In addition to local responsibilities s/he will also work to establish deep relationships with researchers and consultants across offices and the global Industrial practice.
The ideal profile includes many of the qualities Egon Zehnder International deems essential in a Research Associate:
- Previous experience in a research function, ideally in management consulting, legal, executive search, industry research providers or academic;
- Analyzing and drawing conclusions after compiling numerous data points and presenting those conclusions and data in a summarized and easy-to-grasp manner;
- Previous experience in using, updating, and/or maintaining fee-based and in-house proprietary databases while adhering to local and global data quality standards and efficient research practices;
- Using many different sources to compile a brief summary of a subject, e.g. an overview on a company’s manufacturing process;
- Collaborating with colleagues and peers across offices and geographies in order to gain subject knowledge and real world perspective;
- Strategic assessment of a problem and the steps necessary to provide a solution;
- Entrepreneurial or energetic attitude toward learning and developing knowledge in a given subject area.
Egon Zehnder International will offer a competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, annual performance bonus, employee matching 401k, world-class medical benefits, and life insurance.