The MWRA is a Massachusetts public authority which provides wholesale water and sewer services to 2.5 million people and more than 5,500 large industrial users in 61 metropolitan Boston communities. The Library supports a wide range of functions, including engineering, construction, operations, maintenance, and legal by bringing in external information resources and organizing internal information.
This internship provides an opportunity to gain familiarity with all aspects of running a small, specialized library, especially since one of the tasks will be to document our work processes. It is especially appropriate for someone interested in cataloging, from the selection of a library system through catalog migration, and also cataloging of local, non-standard materials.
• Learn daily Library operations, provide coverage, and update procedures for the Library Handbook (SOPs).
• Prepare for Library catalog and server migration and support implementation.
• Improve electronic access to internal and external bibliographic information.
• Inventory, catalog and provide user aids and signage for Operations and Maintenance manuals.
Works under direction of the Library Supervisor.
• Enrollment in a Library Science Degree Program
• Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Cataloging and database experience preferred.
• Work Location: MWRA, Chelsea, MA. 2 Griffin Way.
• Compensation: $11.22 – $15.30 per hour based on education level.
• Work Schedule: Flexible 20-37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday between 8:00 to 5:00.
• This internship can continue into the school year.
How to apply:
• Applications are available on line at www.mwra.com.
• Please send your application along with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax it to 617-788-4897.