Modern Youth Services
$250 (Simmons GSLIS Alumni Price $200)
January 3 - February 3, 2013 - PDPs: 15 Canceled
If you are struggling with modernizing your youth department, this is the course for you! Take a fresh look at youth services and leave invigorated and full of practical ideas to implement at your library.
The course will examine:
- Evolving youth collections, spatial planning, and materials organization
- Approaches to Tech integration, Tablets, Smartphones, and ipads
- Social media tools to increase your productivity and reach
- Blending traditional and innovative programming and services
- Staff training and development
Course participants will leave with a wealth of affordable and practical ideas to move Youth Services forward.
This course is geared toward public libraries.
Bonnie Roalsen: Bonnie Roalsen is Head of Children's Services at the Dover Town Library, and an Independent Consultant specializing in mobile technology, digital literacy, creative programming, and youth services. Bonnie was named a Library Journal Mover & Shaker in 2007 for her work incorporating digital media and tools into public library service.
Please note: While we try to be as accurate as we can be with our workshop descriptions, please contact GSLIS CE or the workshop instructor to ensure that the class meets your expectations for content, format, rigor, etc.